Friday, July 11, 2008

Stayin' Sharp





While the jump hunt continues, I've been keeping myself busy with some personal projects along with expanding my knowledge and skills of the digital art world. Now that I have entered the realm of Apple with a macbook, I can play around with the Adobe Creative Suite when I please. These two projects above were tutorials completed in Photoshop with the help of a UK mag called Advanced Photoshop (www.advancedphotoshop.co.uk). It's a really helpful tool to use to practice new techniques. I plan on applying these techniques toward my own work. The question I have is why are all the decent art magazines coming from across the pond? It isn't fun paying 15$ per mag. Also my website (www.matthewgayle.com) is now featured on illustrationmundo ,(www.illustrationmundo.com), which is a site that is dedicated to promoting illustrators.

1 comment:

Darnell said...

Thank you. with the minor I'll graduate 2010 winter. My wips are done in painter and photoshop. I agree with you on how painter has much more of a traditonal painting quality to it. How's it going?